2021 Conservatory & Workshops
June 21 - August 1, 2021
The 2021 CONSERVATORY IS BETTER THAN EVER - AND IN-PERSON AGAIN!
We are proud to be partnering and collaborating with Oregon Conservatory of Performing Arts (OCPA). OCPA is the longest-running educational theatre program for youth in the Rogue Valley. Started in 1998, it offers accredited training courses for students ages 6-12. The Conservatory program, is now offering theatrical training for students:
- 7-13 Year old students, The Magic of Theatre Conservatory Camp. July 5-23, 2021, M-F, 8:30 am - 12:30 pm @ Medford South High School. Concluding with 2 performances of Summer Camp - The Musical on July 23, 2021.
- 10-19 Year old students, Conservatory , June 21 - August 1, 2021 @ Camelot Theatre (Talent). Concluding with 5 performances of the Broadway smash hit, All Shook Up.
By uniting our programs we offer accredited comprehensive training in stage and theatre, year-round, by distinguished faculty consisting of professional drama educators, community and professional actors and theatre professionals.
Students will gain training in theatre history, play writing, acting, musical theatre, dance stage presence, voice, singing and auditioning. This is a program that teaches the comprehensive craft of theatre. Students will be accredited by OCPA for successful mastery of courses, for audition and higher education credentialing. Past students have continued on to college, earning scholarships, and started careers in professional theatre companies with the strong foundation gained in our programs.
2021 Conservatory @ Camelot Schedule:
- The Conservatory will run from Monday, June 21st through July 30th, with final performances on July 30th, 31st and August 1st. We are planning to be IN-PERSON at Camelot Theatre, 5 days a week from 9am – 4pm. If Covid restrictions prohibit in-person classes we will have courses online.
- The Conservatory program will culminate in a creative production of All Shook Up.
- Cost will be $750 for the 6-week session, and scholarships will be available. Please submit the following form for scholarship consideration.
Please note: there is a contingency plan to do virtual workshops if COVID restrictions do not allow in-person sessions. Details will follow should this become necessary.
At Camelot we believe that diversity and inclusion make us stronger and enrich all of our lives. Diversity means inviting new people of different cultures, color, sexual orientation, etc., to the party...inclusion means asking them to dance. As Maya Angelou wrote: “We all should know that diversity makes for a rich tapestry and we must understand that all the threads of the tapestry are equal ....”
Camelot Theatre is a non-profit public charity as outlined in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Business ID 93-0818429.