How was the musical theater form invented? Come and find out (sort of) in our wildly funny summer musical, "Something Rotten!"
Directed by Gwen Overland
Our summer blockbuster musical is set in the 1590s, brothers Nick and Nigel Bottom are desperate to write a hit play but are stuck in the shadow of that Renaissance rock star, William Shakespeare. When a local soothsayer foretells that the future of theatre involves singing, dancing and acting at the same time, Nick and Nigel set out to write the world’s very first musical. But amidst the scandalous excitement of opening night, the Bottom Brothers realize that reaching the top means being true to thine own self… and all that jazz.
“Something Rotten!” opened on Broadway on April 22, 2015, where it ran for 708 performances. It was nominated for ten Tony Awards, including Best Musical.
Tickets $20 – $38
- Wednesday, June 14th: Pay What You Can @ 8:00pm.
- Thursday, June 15th: Preview Performance @ 8:00pm. All seats $20.
- Friday, June 16th: Opening Night Gala @ 8:00pm.
- King Arthur Society Pre-Sale Tickets on Sale Now.
- Guinevere Society Pre-Sale Tickets Open on October 1st, 2022.
- General Public Subscription Ticket Sales Begin on October 16th, 2022.
- Group and Individual Ticket Sales Begin on November 1st, 2022.
- Call the Camelot Box Office at 541.535.5250 for more information on 2023 Season ticket sales.
Gwen Overland, a member of Actors Equity Association, most recently directed Camelot, the Musical, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, and musically directed Spotlights on Glen Campbell, The Mamas and Papas, and Janis Joplin and Tina Turner. Also at Camelot, Gwen has stage directed Calendar Girls, Sweeney Todd, Sunshine Boys, Master Class, Wait Until Dark, Enchanted April and Moon Over Buffalo. She has also directed and acted in numerous productions for the Oregon Cabaret Theatre, as well as the SOU theatre department. Gwen holds graduate degrees in music performance, acting, theatre arts, and clinical psychology. When not in the theatre, Gwen stays busy with her Expressive Voice Dynamics practice, and writing
romance novels and cozy mysteries.
Cast Members coming soon.
June 15 @ 8:00 pm
June 16 @ 8:00 pm
June 17 @ 8:00 pm
June 18 @ 2:00 pm
June 22 @ 8:00 pm
June 23 @ 8:00 pm
June 24 @ 8:00 pm
June 25 @ 2:00 pm
June 29 @ 8:00 pm
June 30 @ 8:00 pm
July 1 @ 8:00 pm
July 2 @ 2:00 pm
July 6 @ 8:00 pm
July 7 @ 8:00 pm
July 8 @ 8:00 pm
July 9 @ 2:00 pm
July 13 @ 8:00 pm
July 14 @ 8:00 pm
July 15 @ 8:00 pm
July 16 @ 2:00 pm